I’ll be honest this was one I’d never heard of but I quite like the look of it and thank you very much to the lovely Sara at Mind Your Mamma for the nomination.
The idea behind the Liebster Award is to spread a little love amongst The Bloggerhood and get to know new and existing bloggers a little better. I love answering questions and I love reading new blogs so its win-win for me.
The main bit of it is that you answer eleven questions set by whoever nominated you; and you then set eleven more questions for anyone you nominate.
Still with me? Good stuff.
Now for the rules… simple stuff:
1) Say hi to the person sweet enough to want to know more about you – and display your award with pride;
2) Answer the eleven questions the person gives you;
3) Give eleven random facts about yourself;
4) Nominate some other people that you think are deserving of this award;
5) Let them know you have nominated them;
6) Give them eleven questions to answer.
I’m excited for this… below are the questions Sara asked me and my answers(you can read Sara’s post here).
When and why did you start your blog?
I started my blog in December 2016 as an outlet really; I was suffering a rather nasty bout of depression and anxiety at the time and it really helped me to get things out and talk to other people.
2. What would you say is the best thing about your blog? Why are you proud of it?
I have tried blogging before and failed. This time I am not writing what I think other people would want to read; but writing straight from my head and heart. So to me, my blog’s best point is my honesty and I’m proud to be keeping it real.
3. Do you have a role model in the blogging world? What do you like and admire about them?
I love The Unmumsy Mum. She liked one of my tweets last week and I went all silly and proper fangirled. She’s honest and funny; no holds barred. I love her writing style and I can relate.
4. What’s your most favourite post, ever, and why?
I’m not sure if this means my own or someone else’s; so I will do both. My favourite post that I have written is this one; it was so hard to write yet I had some great responses and comments and it really helped me feel better, and reach out to other mums feeling the same way. My favourite post written by another blogger is Kicks Count – If I had known what I know now by Laura over at Five Little Doves. It is the most heart-breaking thing I have ever read and it really affected me deeply. I felt every emotion when reading it and I was struck most by the way it was written; a truly devastating story told in a beautiful and inspiring way.
5. What’s your motto or favourite quote?
“Be who you are and say what you feel; because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind”. – Dr Seuss.
6. What are the 3 things you can’t live without?
Cheese, baby wipes and tweezers. I love cheese; baby wipes are useful for everything and tweezers to keep my PCOS-Chewbacca hair under control!
7. If money wasn’t an issue and ‘real life’ didn’t get in the way, where would you like to live and why?
On a remote Scottish island, by the sea, farming a small piece of land and enjoying life in as simple a way as possible.
8. Snow – love or hate? Why?
I love the snow, we don’t get much in the South East and its so frustrating! I love the calmness and serenity of a walk in the country in the snow, its so peaceful and brings back fond childhood memories. Plus sledging is awesome!
9. Where’s the best place you’ve been on holidays?
I drove around the Scottish Highlands when I was in my late teens; I have never seen anything so beautiful, our little British island is so small yet so beautiful.
10. Do you find time to look after yourself? What’s the self-care activity that re-charges you the most?
Not as well as I should. Blogging gives me a lot of time to chill and sort my head out, and I also love a nice hot bubble bath to chill in. And sleep. Sleep always recharges me. I think I could sleep for 26 hours a day if I could.
11. If you could pick one thing (to do or to buy) that you think would improve your life, what would that be?
A dishwasher! I hate washing up and I have an ongoing issue with my hands at the moment so washing up is a huge pain. I keep telling my husband I want a dishwasher and a new hoover for my birthday – what has my life become…
11 random facts about me:
- I have double jointed elbows
- I am covered in moles
- I have a double crown
- I am addicted to the 90s TV series Soldier Soldier
- I hate flying
- I don’t like rollercoasters or theme park rides
- I love Rollercoaster Tycoon(!) and Theme Hospital
- The seaside is my happy place
- My stomach is completely numb from above my belly button down to my lady-parts
- My favourite colour is blue
- I don’t like eating fish that tastes of fish.
Right, my nominations are:
Emma at Emma & Family
Anna at Me, Annie Bee
Amy at Amy & Tots
Lucy at Lucy at home
Your 11 questions are:
- What is your favourite food and drink?
- Can you play a musical instrument?
- Do you have any pets?
- Name your ultimate celebrity crush(male or female, girl crushes are cool)
- Marmite – love or hate?
- What is your favourite quote?
- Name your three favourite songs of all time
- Name your three favourite movies of all time
- If you could give a new mum/first time mum-to-be one tip, what would it be?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- Where would you like to see yourself and your blog in a years time?
Looking forward to seeing your answers ladies, enjoy!