I was nominated for The Blogger Recognition Award by the lovely Zoe AKA The Tale of Mummyhood – huge thanks for nominating me, sending lots of virtual chocolate and wine.
So first things first – the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
The Story of Pass the Prosecco… Please
After many failed attempts at blogging I started this one in December 2016 after a therapist suggested it may help my depression keeping a diary and writing things down. It dawned on me that maybe other people felt like me and I could maybe help other people.
I started by sharing quotes and realised early on that parenting would be a huge part of my blog due to my little two year old monster and I had some positive feedback from people who said they enjoyed my writing style and the realness of it. It’s become a hobby, a passion and I’m excited to see where it will go.
As for the name – I wanted it to be catchy and epitomise what I was about.
You know those days you are at the end of your tether? You have lost your shit so many times you have no more shit to lose. It’s nearly bed time; you’ve made it. Through gritted teeth you mutter:
“Pass the Prosecco… PLEASE” – you know what I mean 🙂
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers
I don’t really feel experienced enough to offer advice; I’m not even six months in and I have a lot of learning to do, but from what I know:
- Write from the heart, write what you want to say and not what others want to hear. This may be wrong, may not be the way to go, but for me writing is a passion and I have to enjoy and like what I write. If you are struggling to write take a break; if you don’t like what you are writing choose a different subject – write what makes you happy, don’t let it be a chore. What’s the point in blogging if you don’t enjoy it?
- It’s not all about the writing. Social media is a huge part of getting your blog out there and as much as it’s important to promote your blog – enjoy chatting to other bloggers! I prefer Twitter and so many people say it’s not the best platform for promoting your blog I don’t really care, I love chatting to people and it’s opened up opportunities and virtual friendships.
So, below are my nominees – I can’t wait to read your posts!
- Me, Annie Bee
- Kaboodle Mum
- First Time Valley Mam
- White Camelias
- Wee Ohana
- Blog A Logger
- Inside Martyn’s Thoughts
- The Parenting Jungle
- Admissions of a Working Mother
- Fun with 1 plus 1
- PND & Me
- Daddy Poppins
- Mum Muddling Thru
- Motherhood: The Real Deal
- Naptime Natter