I was nominated by the lovely The Baby Boat Diaries to answer ten questions about me, and its a pleasure to have the chance to participate.
Its basically a chance for you to learn more about me and in turn I get to learn more about other bloggers, I answer ten questions and then I ask others to answer ten questions, and so on and so forth.
Off we go then…. tally ho.
1. What is your happiest memory?
My mummy in law lives on the Isle of Wight and every time we go I dream about it months in advance. She lives in a small town between Sandown and Shanklin. As you walk towards the sea front along the cliff road there is a little opening in the hedge. There is a bench and to your right down a deep step is a steep slope down the cliff face to the esplanade; known as Lake Revetment. Every time I turn that corner, take a deep breath and take in the view, I feel totally calm, happy and at peace. If I feel low or poorly I try and close my eyes and take myself there. Lush.
2. Did you find out the gender of your first born or was it a surprise?
I didn’t want to find out but hubbo did, as it turns out we had no choice because the first view we had on our 20 week scan was a little bottom and massive willy and testicles. I can’t wait to show his first girlfriend that picture(evil laugh).
3. What pets have you had?
Bear with, there has been a few…
7 fish, 3 hamsters, 4 gerbils, 2(and then about 30 oops) rats, a dog, 4 cats, a bunny rabbit and a hedgehog in my garden called Boris. We currently have a huge black fur baby called Mr Pierre, he was a rescue cat and was a stray. He loves eating and sleeping and is otherwise miserable.
4. What is your all time favourite go to movie?
Bride & Prejudice. I’ve been obsessed with it since I saw it at the cinema; I love the vibrant colours, culture and the Bollywood-style songs. I fell in love with the way that Bollywood uses visual effects and scenery to tell a tale; for example instead of showing passionate kisses and sex scenes they show an embracing couple staring out to sea, crashing waves and beautiful music. Stunning.
5. What has parenting taught you?
Parenting has taught me it may be easier to dress an octopus covered in olive oil than it is to dress my toddler. On a more serious note it’s taught me how to love and nurture a human being on a whole new level.
6. What is the best thing about blogging for you?
It’s a form of therapy for me; it feels so good to write down how I feel and even better when someone reaches out and says they feel the same or my words have helped them in some way.
7. What do you remember most about you childhood?
Long hot summers… playing in the garden, pretending to be a princess and dressing the dog up as my trusty steed in a stripy picnic blanket.
8. What job did you want to have when you were a child?
I wanted to be a princess. I used to draw myself with a pointy princess hat with ribbon coming out of it!
9. What was your favourite lesson at school and why?
I loved Biology, I studied it in Science as well as Rural Science as we had a school farm. Dental Nursing let me study it further and I still love it to this day. I find human anatomy fascinating and the human body has always amazed me, especially pregnancy and how we have the ability to grow humans in our bellies. I would love to retrain and do something to do with something like that.
10. Marmite? Love or Hate??
Love love LOVE marmite… so much so my kitchen is Marmite themed, its a running joke that everyone buys me Marmite things for Christmas, I have coasters, a tea tray, mugs, all of it. I especially love the old vintage style signage. But I do prefer Bovril these days…
My questions are as follows:
- What is your favourite food?
- If you could invite three people to dinner, dead or alive, who would it be?
- Can you play any musical instruments?
- Would you ever consider cosmetic surgery?
- Who is your girl crush?
- What are your all time favourite songs?
- How do you like your eggs in the morning?
- What is your favourite colour?
- If you could change your first name, would you? If you could have a different name what would you choose?
- Where is your favourite holiday destination?