I bloody love September. It’s my favourite month for the simple reason that there is so much to look forward to and it makes me happy.
I often wonder if I’m a seasonal depressive – the presence of screaming school children and hot weather in the summer holidays always pisses me off.
But the thought of Autumn and Winter…. makes me so incredibly happy.
This is because:
- Autumn is so pretty. I won’t start because I get all poetic and gushy but everywhere you look the changing landscape is beautiful.
- It gets colder. I do not handle heat well and also I love a comfy jumper.
- I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! is on soon. My favourite TV in the world EVER. I live for November and this programme.
- The mancub’s birthday. My little monster turns 3 on the fourth of November and although it’s not a time I like to remember due to the pure trauma of his birth I love to spoil him and celebrate.
- The mancub is starting pre-school. Next week, infact. I cannot wait – I’m not sad at all, I need some time to clean my house and not lose my shit on a daily basis.
- Halloween. I don’t particularly like the idea of Trick or Treat but I do love Halloween and wish I lived in America just to experience it as they do it.
- Firework Night. Only the Brits would celebrate the anniversary of some naughty boy trying to blow shit up. But I love Bonfire Night – there’s nothing better than huddling up to the hubs under the stars sipping hot choccy watching the fireworks.
- Gingerbread Latte. I’m obsessed with Gingerbread Latte and it becomes my food substitute for most of the Winter. I should probably work the syns out…
- Blankets. Big, thick, fleecey, woolly, warm blankets. On the sofa, in front of the TV. Lush.
- Christmas. Yes, it’s September and I dropped the C-bomb. I love Christmas, and although I don’t switch on to my festive setting until the first of December I love the build up and excitement.
Happy September 🙂