I love posts like this…
I have been nominated by the lovely Jo from Pickle & Poppet to write about my bedtime routine, I love linking to other blogs and reading, and I loved the honesty of this one and could totally relate, have a read! Although the terrible twos are bad enough, I’m dreading having a three-nager…
Describe your usual bedtime routine.
- 6pm: We all wind down together, watch Cbeebies and snuggle on the sofa.
- 6.30pm: We bath the mancub, and let him have a long splash and soak.
- 6.50pm: Pyjamas on and we read him a story, poems, sing some songs and put him to bed.
- 7.15pm: Tidy up and sort anything that needs doing. Usually pick pants up off the floor(perks of living with boys). Wash and bath myself if needed.
- 8.00pm: Watch TV, blog, play games on iPad, chat with hubby. Possibly have a cheeky Prosecco.
- 9.00pm: Go up to bed, read for a while.
- 10pm: Sleep time.
What are your favourite pyjamas?
I love comfy leggings and a long top.
What is your current bedtime reading?
A book from the Nightingales’ saga, about nurses in the second world war written by Donna Douglas.
What would I find on your bedside table?
A little flower lamp, phone charger, a pair of tweezers(damn PCOS) and a glass of water.
What scent makes you sleepy?
Fresh air and lavender, I always have to have a window open, I can’t stand it being stuffy. Did I mention I live with smelly boys…
What is your usual bedtime and wakeup time?
Bedtime is around 10pm and wakeup is usually 6am. My son usually sleeps in to around 7am but I still wake silly early.
What are your top three bedtime products?
A glass of warm milk, my pillow and a duvet. What else do I need…
What is your common sleeping position?
Kind of on my front/side, half and half.
Do you have anything you like to take to bed with you?
Just myself and dreams of Tom Hardy. Actual Tom Hardy would be great though. No? Okay, my husband…
What is your worst bedtime habit?
Looking at my phone before bed. And then I can’t sleep.
So that’s me… I nominate Emma at Emma & Family to share her bedtime routine.